Pages

Friday, August 2, 2024

Interview With Gwen Winchester, Co-Owner of Club Scorn

 
By Bixyl Shuftan
 
I recently had the chance to interview Gwen Winchester. Gwen is the co-owner of Club Scorn.  While Second Life has many clubs, Scorn is unique in that it has multiple venues that are the same club. Each has a different theme from beach, to 60s/70s, to post-apocalyptic, to ancient Egypt, and more. Gwen had a number of things to say. 

Bixyl: To begin with, describe to the readers what you do here in Second Life>

Gwen: I'm part owner of Scorn rock club with my husband. When I'm not DJing, I'm either building another venue, taking pictures and posting them on Flickr or going to other clubs.

Bixyl: How did you find out about Second Life, and how were your first days here?

Gwen:Hahahahah! Well that was back in 2007, and I girl at work turned me onto it. And SL back then was new and strange. It is much better for people who come now, they have no idea what being "ruthed" is or hiding in the water until your hair rezzed in and then your clothes.
 
Bixyl: Sounds like some interesting times back in those days.
 
Gwen: Oh my God, sadly the glitches back then were BAD!

Bixyl: Any examples that were particularly bad at the time but today you can look back and laugh?

Gwen: Well, lets just say there were times you were stuck naked and "ruthed" meaning all your attachments weren't there and you were stuck in the "taking a s**t" stand.

Bixyl: Ha ha! So what led to you and Scorn?

Gwen Winchester: Well WAYYYYYY back then, when I was "married" here in Scorn to someone who was barely on. My bff was dating someone who was part owner of a club called "Ripped" and she was telling me about it, so her and I decided that since they were having trouble with money and stuff, we figured we would get into being silent partners in this club. That is where I met Atterius, on his old AV. And from there we all had a great club that was on top at the time. 
 
Then things happened within relationships, not ours, but others. So Ripped was packed up to never be seen again. Atterius and I took a long break, me more so, and then we started Scorn, moved from different SIM and then we decided to buy a full SIM, and hence Scorn as it is today is what we built!

Bixyl:One thing about the club are the various venues across the sim for different events. How did that get started?

Gwen: Well, at Ripped, we had a changer that we would put the venue in a box and then open it with a menu and we could have the different venue. When we bought the SIM, we would have new ideas and we would just leave them, then we would decorate the land, and it ballooned from there.

Bixyl: Any particular favorites?

Gwen: Well, the original Scorn will always be the favorite. But can't say one is my favorite over another, since I put my everything into building them and try to make them perfect for my liking.
 
Bixyl: In the history of the club, what's been the most interesting and fun unplanned happening, that can be mentioned in the paper?
 
Gwen: Well the most unplanned thing would be how our staff has become our staff and then how they have made Scorn their home and feel like part of a family that we take care of each other. Interesting is that we have people who love being here and love see what is next to come. Aldaris and Charlee have been great as managers. Zee and Aldaris live on the SIM as well. I give thanks to all the family here at Scorn.
 
Bixyl:  This year, Scorn had it's own team for the Relay for Life. From your point of view, how did it get started and what was your part in it?

Gwen: Well I have to say Aldaris was a HUGE part in the Relay for Life, it was his baby, he deserves more credit then he will take. Atterius donated a lot of money, I donated my tips, and between Aldaris, Atterius and I was built our spot. Aldaris, Lily, Charlee, and yourself represented Scorn at the race. I feel it was a HUGE team effort and guest effort to put us on the board there. Aldaris was very proud as we all were.
 
I have to say the best thing about Second Life is that I met and married Atterius, We are partners in SL and hubby and wife in real-life, and that was 13 years ago!

Bixyl:  That is great news. I take it being married in real-life makes it easier to plan things here?

Gwen: Heeheehee! Yeah it does when you work as a full time team!

Bixyl:  So was there anything you have planned for Scorn in the months ahead, and anything for Team Scorn for Relay For Life 2024?
 
Gwen:  I will leave the Relay For Life up to Aldaris and as for Scorn, we will be doing new venues and hopefully adding some other DJ slots, but we will see about that.
 
Bixyl: Anything else you want to add?
 
Gwen: Without the loyal guests and all of the Scorn family, Scorn would still just be a beautiful SIM that no one enjoys! We love our family and all that enjoy Scorn. We thank them everyday for their support!
 
Club Scorn is at Elysium Tartarus, an Adult-rated sim. As of now, it has events three days a week, Wednesdays at 4 at Elysium Tartarus (87/162/315) with DJ Charlee, Thursdays at 8 at Elysium Tartarus (114/143/3915) with DJ Juana, and from 2PM to around Midnight at a themed location somewhere on the sim. Due to the sim's rating, no child avatars are permitted.

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment