Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

"Windows" by the Ballet Pixelle

I received a notice that the Ballet Pixelle was doing a performance of their original, ”Windows.” Since I had not been in a while I decided to go over to see it. The greeter met me and checked to see that I had received a playbill as I sat. The background of the stage was a city in the distance. The MC advised us that the performance was a three act play and the music should be set at the beginning of each act. The theme of this  ballet is stated as “Windows are openings that allow us to see a glimpse of a person's life; to be a bit of a voyeur for a moment in time.” 

As the first act opened we were looking through a window at a solo dancer who had just arrived home. Another window appeared with another dancer behind and then a third. Each dancer swayed and danced with passion as we watched and we wondered what each was thinking. Their moves are graceful as they twirl and pirouette, each in their own way. Act 2 took place in a diner as two teens seek to impress a handsome young man. Who won? I was not quite sure. Act 3 takes place in a lovely flower filled field with a young man and woman dancing their happiness in each other, as above an older couple watch and eventually become the dancers. 

The ballet is always enjoyable to watch. There is so much work put into their effort creating the moves and executing them. The stages are very well designed and pleasant to the eye. After the bows by all the performers they come and mingle with the audience offering autographed cards if you would like one. If you have not had the pleasure of seeing a ballet, try it. I admire all the work that goes into each ballet I have seen and look forward to the next one that I can get to see. 

To find out more about the ballet and the company, visit the website : http://www.balletpixelle.org/ .

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment